Virtual: LinkedIn 1: Profile Basics Online
This free workshop is made possible by the Chester County Library Trust.
With over 900 million users, LinkedIn is becoming an increasingly popular professional social media platform that is not just for jobseekers, but is a critical networking tool as well as a professional electronic rolodex. At this session, you will learn some best practices, tips, and tricks you need to know to enhance or modify your LinkedIn profile. Even advanced users have learned a few new tidbits! Here are some of the topics that will be covered:
- Basic profile overview
- Turning on/off your privacy settings
- Mobile apps
- Leverage your LinkedIn to build your sphere of influence
- How to view your profile in different ways
- Turning on/off your activity broadcasts
- Who is viewing your profile – who are those anonymous stalkers?
- How many seconds you have to make an impression on LinkedIn
- Key factors for your photo
- Photo labeling to build SEO
- Symbols to make yourself stand out
- How to properly construct your headline, choose your location, and industry
- Customizing your URL (yes, BEFORE you print those business cards!)
- Contact info minimums – what and where (personal and business) and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree connections
- Summary tips and suggestions
- Work history and accomplishment verbs with quantifiable results
- Get those logos on your profile page!
- How to craft introduction requests in general
- Editing your profile
- Getting LinkedIn help … and more!
Lynne M. Williams, Ed.D. Candidate, is the Executive Director of the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group, an all-volunteer 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides career education and networking connections for: 1) jobseekers in career transition, including veterans and 2) employed and self-employed for career management. Lynne is also the owner of Around the Clock Executive Helper, a writer of resumes and LinkedIn profiles. Lynne presents unique research-based workshops on LinkedIn, resumes, the Applicant Tracking System, the Art of Networking In Person & Online, and other career-related, social media, and technology topics. She is currently working on writing her doctoral dissertation and is a contributing author to Find Your Fit: A Practical Guide to Landing the Job You Love along with the late Dick Bolles, the author of What Color is Your Parachute?. In addition, she writes a weekly career column in Vista.Today, Montco.Today, Delco.Today, and other publications with LinkedIn tips and more. Connect with her on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/in/lynnewilliams with a personalized message and visit the Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group website at https://greatcareersphl.org.
Registration is required. Registration will close 2 hours prior to the scheduled start time of the event. A Zoom link will be emailed to registrants 2 hours before the event begins. Make sure to check the email address you registered with to receive the link. You do not need a Zoom account to attend the virtual program.
- Saturday, June 17, 2023 Show more dates
- 10:00am - 1:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- Library Location:
- Chester County Library
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.
- Business / Career